Let’s Keep Our Community Thriving
As our community prepares for the 2022 Joint Annual Meeting of the Entomological Societies of America, Canada, and British Columbia, conference organizers have carefully considered how we can ensure a safe and productive gathering.
Below are a variety of ways we will enable a COVID-safe environment at the Joint Annual Meeting, as well as recommendations for how you can join us in keeping your colleagues, friends, and the community healthy while in Vancouver.
What we (and the Vancouver Convention Centre) will do:
- Provide face masks at registration
- Post signage throughout the convention centre advising mask use
- Set all meeting rooms at half capacity with chairs spaced apart
- Provide wristbands for attendees to wear to indicate their comfort level when interacting with others:
- Green: open to handshakes and close conversation
- Yellow: elbow taps and limited contact preferred
- Red: greet from six feet apart
- Regularly clean and disinfect all rooms and high-touch surfaces
- Provide hand sanitizer at registration and at multiple stations throughout the convention centre
- Continuously clean and circulate air through systems that have earned the National Air Filtration Association’s Clean Air Award
- Get vaccinated and boosted before attending (strongly recommended)
- Wear a mask covering your nose, mouth, and chin when indoors and traveling (strongly recommended)
- Test yourself with a home test kit before travel, and bring a test kit with you to test again if you begin to feel unwell
- Stay home if you feel sick or experience COVID-19 symptoms or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 7 days
- Check colleagues’ wristbands and respect their interaction preferences
- Wash your hands regularly, and for at least 20 seconds
- Frequently use hand sanitizer
If you have questions about these COVID-19 safety precautions, please contact ESA meetings staff at email@example.com. As the meeting approaches, be sure to bookmark the Online Program, build your schedule, download the mobile app, and watch your inbox for more “Know Before You Go” info to help you maximize your time at the conference. We are excited to see you there!
View Current Travel Rules to Enter Canada
Starting October 1, Canada has dropped all COVID-19 border restrictions for anyone entering Canada, including: proof of COVID-19 vaccination, quarantine and isolation requirements as well as all pre- or on-arrival COVID-19 testing. Canada has also made the ArriveCan application optional, and has lifted the mask mandate and health check requirements for travellers on planes and trains.