PHE Application Process
The application procedure for the PHE Certificate is as follows:
Review: Your application will be reviewed by ESA Staff. You will hear within a week if your application was accepted or not.
Pay: When your application is reviewed and approved, you will be directed by ESA staff on how to pay. See the application fee information below.
Select a proctor. This is the person who will administer the exams to you and to whom ESA will send your testing instructions. more info on proctors can be found here
Schedule your exam. The tests must be taken within 365 days of making application.
Pass your exam. The application is valid until the applicant passes the exam.
Promote yourself. PHE Certificates are delivered as a digital credential. Certificate holders can embed the credential in their website, social media profiles, or download a PDF to hang in their office.
- If approved, the application is valid until the applicant passes the exam.
- Application includes first attempt at the exam
- Passing the exam makes the applicant a PHE Certificate Holder.
- Fee is $195 (ESA members save $45)
- Current ACEs can add the PHE Certificate to their credentials for a discounted rate of $125 (ESA members save $35)
- Applicant must wait between 1 and 12 months to retest and submit a retest application with each attempt.
- There is no limit to the number of times an applicant can attempt the exam within the 3-year application period.
- Fee is $75 per exam attempt (ESA members save $25)
Click here to access the retesting form