ESA is the largest organization in the world, serving the professional and scientific needs of entomologists and individuals in related disciplines. Join today to draw on the expertise, knowledge, and experience of more than 7,000 individuals throughout the world who share your professional and scientific interests. ESA offers a variety of membership categories and dues structures to support our members throughout their careers.
Benefits of membership include:
JOURNALS AND PUBLISHING
- Access to the full digital archive dating back to the early 1900’s and our quarterly magazine, the American Entomologist. Members located in North America receive a free print subscription to American Entomologist. Members located outside North America can pay postage charges to receive their free copy.
- Reduced page charges for members looking to publish in one of our Journals.
- Lack funding for publication? Members can request a waiver for page charges once per year.
- Ability to order discounted journal print subscriptions, individual paper editions, books and other products in our bookstore.
- Discounted access to the Annual Review of Entomology published annually.
MEETINGS AND NETWORKING
- Present your research in a variety of formats with the Annual Meeting in November, the Branch Meetings in the spring, and virtually in our International Branch’s virtual symposium.
- Receive discounted registration fees to all in-person meetings.
- Participate in your local branch meeting each year.
- Access to our upcoming and past webinars, featuring sessions highlighting membership benefits, job search and interview skills, grant writing, insect photography, and more.
- Join multiple Branches and Sections for no additional cost to keep your connections strong throughout the Society.
- Connect with other members via the online Membership Directory or the ESA Networks, a community site for entomologists to connect on a variety of topics.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Ability to participate in our annual Awards Program featuring over 100 individual awards offered by Branches, Sections, and the national society including awards for students and early career professionals, many with cash prizes and/or travel funding.
CAREER ADVANCEMENT AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Gain access to our new Insect Science Career Data center, our new annual salary, compensation, and benefits benchmarking survey and see how your position compares to your peers.
- Search for job postings in our career center or post your resume for employers to find you.
- Volunteer to serve on an ESA committee, in Branch or Section leadership or run for an elected position to serve the Society.
- Serve as a Science Policy Fellow and gain the lifelong skills to successfully advocate for the discipline.
- Join the Professional Advancement Career Training (PACT) Initiative for graduate students and postdocs and gain the tools and training you need to make yourself stand out in the field.
- Sign up for ESA’s mentorship program, EntoMentos for one-on-one guidance from established career professionals.
- Discounts on the Associate or Board Certified Entomologist (BCE or ACE) Certification Programs, the Certified IPM Technician, and the Public Health Entomology Certificate Program.