The awardee must have accumulated an outstanding record in mentoring of graduate and/or undergraduate students in the field of entomology. Accomplishments in student recruitment, advising, and training will be evaluated.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process, please contact Dr. Ayman Mostafa.
Submit a Nomination
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- Letter of nomination
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of recommendation
- Documentation of student mentorship
- Three reprints documenting student involvement in publication (does not count towards the 20 page limit).
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Extent and quality of accomplishments in entomology student (undergrad and/or graduate) recruitment, advising, and training (50 pts)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (30 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the award nomination website by Monday January 24, 2022 Midnight (EST). This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format.