May 8-10, 2022
AWARD OPPORTUNITY: The P-IE Section will cover the registration costs for two students and two Early Career Professionals. Award details and requirements can be found here.
- May 8–10, 2022: Start in Wenatchee, WA; visit sites in the Wenatchee Valley and surrounding Columbia Basin; return to Wenatchee, WA.
- Estimated registration cost of $190 per person and includes meal during the tour; registration does not include hotels or airfare. Registration will be due in early April.
- To maintain an intimate and productive experience during the tour, there will be no more than 23 slots available for P-IE members.
- The selection committee will strongly consider geographical and sub-discipline diversity, as well as the potential for career-impacting opportunities for attendees. The intent is to include entomologists from all career levels, including students and early-career professionals, at the event.
- The organizers for this meeting will serve as the selection committee.
- The criteria specified for student awards will be similarly applied to all applications for ranking based on responses.
- Additional tour and local arrangement details can be found here.
- Please contact Dalton Ludwick (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about the application form or process.
- We encourage all attendees to be fully vaccinated and to self-test prior to arriving at the tour. Free COVID-19 home tests can be obtained at https://special.usps.com/testkits. Per updated guidelines from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, it is recommended that all individuals wear face coverings in all indoor locations, but it will be required while on the tour bus, regardless of vaccination status.
- Our expectation is that we will all practice protocols that reflect this “spirit of respect and care” for our community throughout the event. We will continue to actively monitor local, state, and federal guidelines and we may further adjust our well-being protocols if local conditions change as we get closer to the event.