The P-IE Lifetime Achievement in Entomology Award, formerly known as P-IE Legends of Entomology Award, recognizes the career of an entomologist who has greatly contributed to the advancement or promotion of entomology, and has been an inspiration to others. The award, consisting of an inscribed plaque, is presented at the Monday afternoon P-IE Networking Session during the ESA Annual Meeting. Recipients are expected to attend the session to receive the award. To facilitate attendance, awardees will receive a travel stipend of $1,000 and waiver of registration to the ESA Annual Meeting.
For questions about this award, please contact the P-IE Awards Committee Chair, Silvia Rondon.
SUBMIT A NOMINATION
Anyone with at least 20 years of experience as an entomologist is eligible to be nominated. Nominations can be made by anyone.
The letter of nomination must include the following:
- Name of nominee
- Professional or academic title of nominee
- Current or former affiliation, if retired: Place of work or other appropriate affiliation
- Contact information: Mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number
- Relevant employment: Locations, titles, and years of employment
- Awards and honors: Awards and honors and bestowing institutions. Please exclude grants and contracts. Significant elected positions may be listed.
- Entomology contributions and impact to a P-IE disciplinary area: Short description of the nominee’s contributions that can include numbers of graduate students and post-doctoral associates advised/mentored; significant achievements (economic/scientific impact); numbers of research publications, presentations, or grants; and service to the Entomological Society of America.
The nomination letter should be three or fewer pages in length. The CV, if attached, is excluded from the page limit. Font size for text may not be smaller than 10 points. Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. The nominator should submit the nomination packet via the P-IE Award Nomination website.
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Entomology accomplishments relevant to a P-IE disciplinary area (50 points)
- Impact of entomology achievements (25 points)
- Leadership and service in entomology (25 points)
Any candidate nominated but not selected may be renominated. Nominators must resubmit the nomination via the P-IE Lifetime Achievement Award in Entomology Nomination website.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the P-IE Lifetime Achievement Award in Entomology Nomination website by June 1 annually. This deadline refers to receipt by the awards administrator of a complete package in a readable format.