This award recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions to entomological science during their career. The awardee will be recognized during the International Branch Business Meeting which is held during the Annual Meeting of the Entomological Society of America.
Questions regarding the awards or the nomination process should be directed to Qiao Wang, International Branch Awards Committee Chair.
All active members within the International Branch (IB) are eligible, and all aspects of entomology will be considered.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- Letter of nomination with emphasis on the individual’s contributions to entomological science.
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee, to include: a list of professional positions, a detailed record of service, highlights of professional accomplishments, details of grantmanship, a list of publications and presentations, and a summary of awards, honors, and special recognitions.
- Two (2) letters of support (in addition to the letter of nomination).
- A 300-400 word biography of the nominee.
The nomination package is not to exceed 20 pages (11-point font or larger), including the letter of nomination and supporting letters. The 300-400 word biography is not included in this page limit.
Nominees will be judged using the following three criteria (to of a total of 100 points):
Research (40 Points)
- Significance of contribution to entomology (10)
- Impact of contribution / Quality of research (10)
- Publication record (number, diversity, quality of journals) (10)
- Research presentations (5)
- Grantsmanship (5)
Service (30 Points)
- Contribution to nominee's institution (5)
- Contribution to State, National, and International agencies (10)
- Involvement in professional societies (committees, reviewing, leadership, …) (10)
- Service to community or organizations not related to professional appointment (5)
Recognition (30 Points)
- Letters of recommendation (20)
- Accomplishments/Achievements/Awards (10)
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Selection of Nominees
The International Branch Awards Committee will evaluate all eligible nominations. A recipient will be chosen by the committee based on information received in the nominations. The committee reserves the right to solicit additional information, if necessary, to make final selections. The final scores will be weighted relative the opportunity of the candidates.
Nominations must be received by 11 July 2022. Nomination materials must be submitted by nominators online to the International Branch Distinguished Scientist Award Submission Site.