The North Central Branch 2021 Meeting has shifted to a virtual format. The NCB Meeting Committee is currently requesting proposals for symposia. If you previously submitted a symposium to the joint NCB-SWB meeting, you may resubmit to the new site or simply let us know you would like to be considered for the NCB virtual meeting and we will automatically move your submission. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we once again pivot to accommodate current circumstances.
All symposia ideas are welcome. Symposia topics should be relevant to current areas of entomological interest to ESA membership including those highlighting timely or emerging topics, new scientific developments, and representing the geographic and gender diversity of members. Please note that NCB will be sharing its online platform with all EB, SEB and PM members that are registered for their virtual branch meetings, such that all meeting registrants will be able to login to branch platforms and view live sessions and on-demand content. Thus, symposia organizers may wish to collaborate with members from other branches on topics of mutual interest. We encourage submissions from Early Career Professionals and graduate students. In addition to traditional symposia, we encourage those that creatively leverage a virtual format, and those featuring workshops or demonstrations, teaching, extension, science communication and outreach, and other creative entomological pursuits, etc.
Symposia Proposal Requirements
Proposals are to be submitted online , and submitters will be required to provide:
- Session Title
- Summary Statement of the Goal or Concept, and Objectives
- Brief Symposium Description (50 words or less, required)
- List of several speakers you plan to invite to participate in your symposium
- Select whether the symposium will consist of Live or Pre-recorded presentations
- Comments for Program Organizers (optional)
- Total time required
- Organizer name(s) and contact information
Symposia Proposal Deadlines
Please pay careful attention as different deadlines may pertain to the type (live or pre-recorded) of presentations included in your symposium.
- The deadline for preliminary submissions of symposium topics is Monday, April 12, 2021.
- All successful applicants will be confirmed and notified in mid-April. At that time, organizers will have the opportunity to apply for program enhancement funds to support external speakers.
- The deadline for submission of final symposium details including the finalized list of speakers is Monday, May 3, 2021.
- The deadline for submission of pre-recorded presentations is Thursday, May 27, 2021.
If you would like to discuss a symposium idea prior to submitting a proposal or if you have questions, please contact the Program Chair, Dr. Louise Lynch-O’Brien.