This award recognizes an Eastern Branch member who has made outstanding contributions in Integrated Pest Management. The winner of this award will be recognized at the Eastern Branch Annual Meeting and will be submitted to the ESA Award for Excellence in Integrated Pest Management as the Branch nominee for that same year. The Eastern Branch committee chair will notify all candidates and their nominators with the results of their nomination approximately two months after the nomination submission deadline.
For questions regarding the award or nomination process, please contact Anne Nielsen.
The nominee must be an Eastern Branch member who has made outstanding contributions to IPM. Special consideration shall be given to independence of thought and originality. A recipient of a widely recognized scientific award will not be eligible for this award unless the accomplishment cited as the basis for nomination represents new work. Previous recipients of this award are not eligible for future nominations. The winner of the award will be passed onto ESA to compete against over Branch winners.
Nomination packages for this award must include:
- CV-Related Item: Nominators must provide a CV which includes the below sections. View a full listing of what should be included in each of the sections.
- Section 1 - Background Information
- Section 2 - Research
- Section 3 - Teaching
- Section 4 - Extension/Outreach
- Section 5 - Service
- Other Items:
- Letter of nomination
- Up to three letters of recommendation
- Three of the most relevant reprints sent electronically in PDF format or preferably a link to the three most relevant reprints. (Does not count as part of the 20-page limit)
Nominees/candidates will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Research (70 points total)
- Recentness of accomplishment (last 3-4 years) (10)
- Directly related to IPM (10)
- Quality of research (10)
- Originality of research (10)
- Interpretation of results (10)
- Quality of publication upon which nomination is based (10)
- Honors, awards, achievements, and recognition (10)
- Overall Impact of Research Findings (select one, up to 30 points)
- Minor (1)
- Moderate (5)
- Important (10)
- Great (20)
- Outstanding (30)
Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be re-nominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission. Nomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator. Nominators must send a letter of re-nomination to the awards administrator by the nomination deadline above. Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents. The re-nomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation. New or updated documents must follow the submission requirements noted above.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online by Monday November 22, 2021 at 11:59 EST.