Updates – Effective January 2022
In 2021, the ESA Honorary Member Program Review Task Force presented a report to the ESA Governing Board that explored the history of the program and also presented several recommendations for improvements to ensure the Honorary Member program aligns with ESA’s strategic principles. Below are the changes that were approved.
- Removed the age limit of 60 for Honorary Membership.
- Added a recommended cap on the number of Honorary Members to be granted each year (no more than three).
- Removed lifetime free registration to the ESA Annual Meeting.
- Added one-time free registration to the ESA Annual Meeting in the year in which Honorary Membership is bestowed.
- Lifetime free registration for Honorary Members elected prior to 2022 will be curtailed after a future date (yet to be determined).
- Removed the applicant’s date of birth.
- Removed academic record.
For questions on these changes contact email@example.com.